Swiss Plait Bread
In these modern times we've cooking quality recipes Swiss Plait Bread 2018 is interesting to try and in practise. So the recipe Swiss Plait Bread renders as a menu extra and new science in the wonderful world of food. Please try and if successful with food preparation recipes popular recipe Make sure you save and or make an email at if Swiss Plait Bread by Bristol is beneficial.
Swiss plait bread
By: Bristol via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Swiss plait bread:
- 500 g plain white flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7 g (1 sachet) fast action dried yeast
- 60 g butter
- 300 ml lukewarm milk
- 1 egg yolk
Method for "Swiss plait bread":
- Mix the flour, salt, yeast and sugar in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter.
- Slowly add the milk and continue mixing until you have a soft and moist dough.
- Knead for about 10 minutes and leave to rise for an hour and a half or until it's at least doubled in size.
- To plait the bread, first cut the dough in half and form two long, thin rolls of equal size (around 1 meter).
- Cross the two rolls in the middle and fold the lower one across the other.
- Repeat the last step with the other roll, alternately crossing the rolls until you have a plaited loaf.
- Brush with the yolk of one egg. Depending on who you ask in Switzerland, you can or cannot mix the yolk with a tablespoon of milk beforehand.
- Bake for 35 minutes at the bottom of the oven, heated to 200 degrees.